07 May 2008

Day 2 of Fast. . . and the End Too (Sigh)

Ah yes, the fast. Well, in a moment of weakness when my heart was beating kinda fast and my skin was getting flushed, Erika walked inside with two bags of groceries from whole foods and before I knew what was going on I was sucking on an organic strawberry and scarfing down pieces of ripe, sweet honeydew. So I only lasted 2 days, but that's cool. I feel like I learned a lot about myself and my eating habits. Some ideas from this fast:

1. Next time I'm gonna try the master cleanse fast for 5-10 days
2. Food shouldn't be positive reinforcement, it should be a celebration
3. I want to eat smaller portions just in general
4. I want to eat more salads than I do
5. Once we're in Buenos Aires we'll have thinner waistlines, even though we're pretty damn skinny to begin with
6. Not that y'all wanna know this, but since I'm being totally honest, enemas are kinda weird. I'm just not sure that plastic nozzles are supposed to go there
7. I do have a love affair with food, and frankly, I think that's okay.

No comments: