29 November 2008

6 Things You Can Do When It Rains in Buenos Aires

(en) 1. Get spicy Indian food delivered with Garlic Naan, Veggie Samosas, four types of Chutney and Biryani

2. Work on grad school applications

3. Watch "Pretty Woman" on Youtube with your girlfriend who, for some reason, reminds you so much of Audrey Hepburn tonight.

4. Take pictures of the rain, all of which look grey, not rainy by the way

5. Place a folded towel in front of the door to the balcony so the rain doesn't make it to your bed.

6. Sing a love song to the sun

(es) 1. Conseguir comida india bien picante con el pan Naan de ajo, los samosas de vegetales, cuatro tipos de salsa Chutney, y una porción grande de arroz Biryani

2. Ocuparte de dos aplicaciones para programmas doctorados en la literatura inglesa y la escritura creativa a la universidad de Florida Estatal y la Universidad de California de Sur)

3. Mirar la pelicula "Pretty Woman" en Youtube con tu novia que, por alguna razón, te recuerda tanto a Audtry Hepburn esta noche

4. Sacar fotos de la lluvia, de las cuales todas, me parecen grises, no lluviosas, a propositó

5. Poner una toalla grande delante de la puerta del balcón para que la lluvia no alcanzase a tu cama

6. Cantar una canción de amor al sol

It's Raining, But You Can't Tell
Here You Can
No, It's Still Raining
Love Song for the Sun

7 comments:

Lety said...

I have been reading your blog for a while. I was born and raised in Buenos Aires but I moved to the US 8 years ago. Your plans to apply to UCD prompted me to comment as I am finishing (hopefully) my PhD there. I love seeing my city through foreign eyes, it just brings out the peculiar things to light.

JACKSON BLISS @ 水と魂 said...

Lety,

That´s great. I hear that Davis is a nice campus and a good school. I would be really happy going there, or any of the three other programs I´m applying to (2 are PhD and 2 are MA´s).

So how do you like NoCal? Do you like the West Coast? How´s UCD? What are you studying? I know what you mean: I always find it fascinating seeing how other people see Chicago and SoCal, where my Mom´s been living for over 20 years.

Anyway, thanks for reading my blog. I appreciate it. Maybe I´ll talk to you again some time.

Besos.

pipinthecity said...

You have an interesting blog, which strange things like reflections on mate, but strange has always been good in my book.
Oh, and even if the rain has stopped, I want to know the name of the Indian delivery restaurant, since I live in the area, and the only Indian place I know so far is Krishna, or actually, two, since there´s the new Taj Mahal on Nicaragua, but I still have to check that one out.

JACKSON BLISS @ 水と魂 said...

Wait, you think my blog is strange? I guess it is, in a way. I mean, I'm strange. So how could my blog not be. Thanks for that compliment.

The restaurant is called mumbai and the cauliflower and potato, when ordered spicy, is really sinsational.

Thanks for reading, stay in touch.

Peace, Blessings, Besos, --j2b

Devin said...

I have stumbled upon your blog and I would love to link it to my blog-I will wait for permission
my site http://myfavoritemonsters.blogspot.com/
Peace and be well!-Devin
ps- you have beautiful things here!

JACKSON BLISS @ 水と魂 said...

Devin,

Go right ahead, and thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Peace, Blessings.

-j2b

cloverortigas said...

This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

Clover
www.n8fan.net