01 June 2009

My Walking Meditation

A strange thing happened as I was walking to Argo Tea today (Chicago). Somewhere between Waveland + Hawthorne, I realized that I was meditating as I walked. I didn't do it deliberately, but I was completely at peace, calm, my mind, empty of chatter, self-consciousness or idle thoughts. I meditate pretty regularly--except for in Europe, for some reason--but I'm always sitting down, in a controlled + quiet environment. But this just happened to me. And I only realized what was going on at first by the way that people were looking at me. For ten blocks, I was radiating something calm + pure + content, and there was no casuality there. I mean, nothing specific had happened to me. I just sort of walked into it. Even now I'm trying to come back down, wondering when I retreat into my mind again, to protect myself from the storm. . .

4 comments:

Higher. said...

Hi,It's so nice blog!

JACKSON BLISS at 水と魂 said...

Thanks, that's hella sweet of you. Be well.

Peace, Blessings,

--j2b

Smeltz said...

JB,
I totally have done this before. It often happens to me while walking in cityspace. It is the most vibrant, powerful, emanating feeling. Something like what I feel while in the throes of certain poems.

Perhaps it has something to do with steady, quiet motion in the midst of so many people and noises? You know, peace being something you find in the middle of clamor?

Glad to hear you made it back to Chi-city safely. I've loved your photos from Europe so much, and you & LB are only antagonizing my already rapacious wanderlust.

When's the move to LA?

Big ups,
Amanda S

JACKSON BLISS at 水と魂 said...

Amanda,

Go to Europe now while it's too expensive for other Americans to travel, you'll feel like you don't have to share your trip with anyone, which is an awesome feeling.

Yeah, the countdown to LA is 37 days, which is fucking insane to me. I feel like it was just yesterday that I had to get used to people not looking at me or talking to me out of the blue like they do in Argentina, and now, it's time to move west. I have to say, Socal is one of my favorite places in the whole world yo! I love the beach + blue sky, so this is going to be an amazing reunion.

If you're ever in the area, drop me a line. You can totally crash on our couch, as long as you don't you know, like wet yourself on the futon.

Tell me how TNS is, I'm really curious to hear how you're enjoying that program.

Stay in touch.

Besos,

--j2b