16 December 2009

LA Photo Sampler December 2009

Okay, I've been slacking on the blog this past month. But in my defense, I had to revise a memoir + a piece of flash fiction, analyze ten years of the Boston Review, read twenty articles + skim or read seven books in order to write a 38-page seminar paper. So it's not like I was fucking around. I had shit to do, man.

Anyway, here is a short LA sampler of some of the places I've looked at the past month. Starting with the most important picture for me:
Our Apartment in Hollywood
Possibly the Scariest Scientology Building I've Ever Seen
At the Highland Mall, I Walked Right into a Hilary Duff Concert (I'd Wondered Why There Were TV Cameras Outside)
The View from the Office. Not Too Shabby
The View Up There on the Shrine
The Shrine at USC
The Grove
LB Glowing like a Broken Star
One of Our Fave Vegetarian Restaurants in LA: Bulan!
God, They're Everywhere
One of Several Wax Museums on Hollywood Boulevard
So Confusing: an Amish Choir in the Middle of Hollywood. Who Came up with This Idea?
LB Perplexed by Time's Positive Attitude
American Beauty Will Live Forever in Our Souls Kevin Spacey
El Capitan
So Busy, So Hectic. Welcome to Hollywood, Chicos
One of My Favorite Actors of All Time
Grauman's Chinese Theater
Tourists Asking Themselves: Wait, is This Grauman's Chinese Theater?
The Cinegrill
Got Me Some New Kicks, Man
Mall Stuff in Hollywood
They Actually Turned away a Woman with Wet Hair Earlier
Beautiful Union Station in LA
Little Tokyo--I Promise to Take More (and Much Better) Pictures Later on
Museum of Japanese-American Art
This Guy Was Dressed up in a White Pimp Outfit. And He Was Drunk. And He'd Just Passed Out. And Miraculously, He Was Standing up
Obviously, I Drank Too Much
This Is What You See Walking out of the Hollwood/Vine Metro Station
Busy Making Vegan Portabello Sage Gravy + Praline Sweet Potatoes
Amazing Pumpkin Muffins that LB Made. They Were Gone before Nightfall
My Mom + LB Posing in front of the 3rd Street Promenade X-Mas Tree
Communing with the Dolphin
Santa Monica Beach
Santa Monica Pier
El Fuego Está dentro de Su Pecho, por Si Acaso que Tienes Curiosidad de Saber
Roller Coaster in the Distance
Water beside the Pier
In My Head: LB Getting Drenched in a Gigantic Wave
La Playa + Las Ondas + La Vista de Arriba
The Beautiful Pacific Ocean
With Sun
My Mom, Walking towards the Roller Coaster--Oh, What an Amazing Coincidence That Is Metaphorically
No, We Didn't Ride It
Thanksgiving Dinner: All Vegan, Motherfuckers
LB's Homemade Pumpkin Pie Was Absolutely Delicious
You're Looking at: Praline Sweet Potatoes, Sage Portabello Mushroom Gravy, Garlic and Chive Mash, Raisin Stuffing, Homemade Orange/Cranberry Sauce, Homemade Rolls, Tofu + Pumpkin Pie + a Seitan Pot Roast that Looked + Tasted like a Brain (the Only Thing We Didn't Quite Get Right). Did I Mention That It Was 100% Vegan?
Look at That Cranberry Sauce
My Mom's Plate
Your Random New Orleans Brass Band at the Hollywood Farmer's Market
Herb Garden--Not That Kind

LB, Enjoying Her Soy Hot Chocolate

Bricks + Stuff at Ground Work, One of the Cooler Cafés in LA

Wide World of Teas

I Would Kill + Maim + Defame + Set Churches on Fire for These Beautiful Eyes

Pantages Theater at Night