It seems simple enough: LA to Beijing . 1, 2.
But when you factor in dropping off Gogo! + Zoe at my mom’s place in North County + taking a shuttle to LAX + the Beijing International Hotel, the schematic changes to this:
1. LA to Solana Beach (driving)
2. Solana Beach to LA (driving)
3. LA to Chez Nous (driving)
4. Chez Nous to Air Park LAX (driving)
5. Air Park LAX to LAX (shuttle)
6. LAX to Vancouver (flying)
7. Vancouver to Beijing Airport (flying)
8. Beijing Airport to Beijing International Hotel (shuttle)
That's 8 steps from our apartment in K-Town to our hotel in Dongcheng.
Here are some highlights:
And here are a few things that needed cultural translation:
1. Our door key is also the thing that turns on the electricity in our room
2. Inside our closet, There's a Gasmask in a Can, in Case of Emergencies, Fires or a Sudden Invasion by the White Barbarian