Sometimes, the best way to spend your birthday is by walking to the La Brea Tar pits, wandering aimlessly around LACMA with your boo + then opening presents. I can be a relentlessly simple man sometimes + these simple b-day gifts from LB + my mom hit home + made me feel nerdy + urban in all the right wys:
1. A sage-colored bath robe that looks a little like a kimono
2. Some new Rochas for men, which is like my favorite fucking cologne in the whole goddamn world
3. An Adidas gift certificate so I can buy a new track suit in the fall--holler!
4. A new pageboy hat that screams "Sister, I'm a Poet!"
5. Yoshihiro Tatsumi's epic graphic memoir, A Drifting Life
6. David Mura's When the Body Meets Memory
Here are some pictures from our 1/2 day at LACMA: