20 March 2014

Tschüss Deutschland! Until We Meet Again!

There's nothing that makes me sadder than saying goodbye to an amazing vacation, but I know there will be new trips in our horizon.  Still, every time I leave Europe, I'm reminded of how much I love it there.  How even though I'm a veganish runner and a hapa with extensive roots in both Japan, France, England and Germany, I always feel somehow understood in Europe, which is odd because I don't eat meat and I don't smoke.  Still, I always feel like I fit somehow inside the world I inhabit whenever I'm there.  Perhaps it's the proximity to so much history and cultural intersectionality.  Either way, I'm truly sad to say goodbye.  I always am.

Aerial view of Germany
 Aerial view of Chicago
We're Finally Home.  Our Trip behind us Now . . .

No comments: